4 MINIMUM CONDITIONS FOR A SET OF AUSTRALIAN STUDY RECORDS
Study in Australia or anywhere
you need to ensure the necessary
requirements for visa procedures, health, foreign language and academic qualifications, in addition to the specific additional entry conditions of the course. Here are the 4 most basic requirements of an Australian study application.
1. Language proficiency
Depending on the study and study level, each school will have different English proficiency requirements. For example, Edith Cowan University's Bachelor of Communication program requires you to score 6.0 IELTS (no skills below 6.0), while, in the bachelor's communication industry, the University of Sydney's entry requirements are 6.5 IELTS. With a 15 - 20 week English course, it is possible to downgrade to 5.0 IELTS as entry conditions in Monash University's English Bridging program.
Therefore, you need to visit the school website or contact the school representative directly for advice on foreign language conditions.
2. Academic achievement
Popular academic requirements that Australian training institutions often require are as follows:
- English proficiency - (Entry requirements will depend on the course you enroll. Most are at 5.5 - 6.0 IELTS with the bachelor's degree)
- High school - Admission requirements vary between schools, depending on the state and territory in Australia.
- Vocational education and training - Often you only need to graduate from high school with an average score or a degree equivalent to 12th grade in Australia, without entrance exam. But some courses may require work experience or require you to take some courses before entering the official course. Photography, design, and fashion courses may require additional portfolios.
- University - You need to complete grade 12 (or possess knowledge equivalent to Australian Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education). Some specific courses also require you to achieve a minimum score for some specific subjects.
- Postgraduate - In addition to a college diploma, schools will consider the research capacity, work experience, or subjects you have previously studied in a bachelor's degree that are consistent with the orientation of the graduate course.
3. Visa requirements
In general, in order to obtain an Australian student visa, you need to prove to the Australian Ministry of Home Affairs that you meet all of the nation's student visa requirements, including:
- Meeting temporary entry requirements (GTE)
- Proof of financial capacity
- Enough English proficiency
- Ensure health and resume
You also need to complete an Australian student visa application form, pay a visa fee, and may need to attend an interview. Not to mention that depending on the course you enroll, there will be corresponding visa types. It sounds like a lot of things to take care of, but in general, here is everything you need to prepare:
- Provide electronic enrollment confirmation (Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate), or letter of admission. In some cases, in addition to receiving the above offer, you may need to pay the tuition fee in advance and provide a full receipt of tuition fees in the visa application.
- Meet the temporary entry requirements (Genuine Temporary Entrant- GET) at the Ministry of Home Affairs website.
- Proof of financial security for tuition, living expenses, travel costs to Australia
- Meets English proficiency requirements
- Meet the requirements for health and judicial records
- Approved International Student Health Insurance (OSHC)